Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Arm Rest Replacement Drivers Side

cmathews23

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum
I am looking for detailed instructions from someone who either has done it, or has the knowledge of, replacing the Drivers Side Arm Rest. I have purchased a new arm rest. Pic attached.
I am hoping that I do not have to remove the entire door panel, but if I do, I would need advice and instruction on how that is done as well. I have removed the 2 bolts from the inside of the handle grip, however, that did
not loosen it whatsoever. I don't want to force anything as I don't want to break anything further as I don't know if I can find a replacement for what I broke by trying to replace this. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Armrest Inside.jpg
New Pic Armrest.jpg

OK....that's what I thought......Thank you.....Do you have any tips on removing that panel without damaging any components/clips? And after the panel is removed, is it fairly common sense on how to switch it out?

Hey Michael - I got it done today....Not so bad. That sucker has 1 big screw and 4 bolts from inside the panel. Replaced the armrest and
it looks great....One thing though. I noticed that with the panel off, they (previous owner) had the panel rigged up with some glue caulk and some other sticky substance to keep the panel in place. It looks like someone took it off before and broke several of the panel pins, as well as the female receptacles in the door where the pins go in. Here are some pics of what is broken and what I need (I'm sure you know).....You wouldn't happen to have any on hand to sell? If not, any idea where I may be able to get these? I need 4 of each.....Thank you Sir

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Hey Michael - I got it done today....Not so bad. That sucker has 1 big screw and 4 bolts from inside the panel. Replaced the armrest and
it looks great....One thing though. I noticed that with the panel off, they (previous owner) had the panel rigged up with some glue caulk and some other sticky substance to keep the panel in place. It looks like someone took it off before and broke several of the panel pins, as well as the female receptacles in the door where the pins go in. Here are some pics of what is broken and what I need (I'm sure you know).....You wouldn't happen to have any on hand to sell? If not, any idea where I may be able to get these? I need 4 of each.....Thank you Sir
Looks like I found them....I think these should work: Door Panel Retainer & Grommet Clips for 1997 to 2013 Corvette (5 of each) NEW | eBay

Those are regular gm doir clips. Most any auto oarts store should have them in a dorman pack. or ebay. They fit everything gm. They fall in place and ?ock but take a pry bar to pull them apart..

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom