Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Window Gaps

Jcheeser

My XLR/V(s)
I just bought a 2006 XLR. I had it towed from RI to Long Island. When I received the car, the windows did not go all the way to the top. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking the tow knocked something out of alignment. Also, I read here that if you hold the window buttons down for 10 seconds, it resets the system to factory setting. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

When you say they don't go all the way up how far do they go up? They are programed to open about a quarter inch when you open the door and then go all the way up once the door is closed. If both windows are doing the same thing and are only open that little bit, it could just need a relearn or reprograming. Good luck

Thanks! There is a 1/4” gap to the rear of the window on both sides. Holding both window buttons down for 10 seconds may work?

The battery could have caused the problem I can't say for sure. You say the gap is at the rear of the window, if both windows are doing the same thing I would think the gap is probably not just at the rear. I would try the procedure for indexing the windows or maybe try disconnecting the battery over night but if that does not work you may need a Tech2.

Battery dies, the car forgets everything in memory; seats, mirrors, windows, etc. A charged battery and re-indexing of the windows should solve the problem.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom