Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! SOS!!! Parking brakes/brake lights ...

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
So, the battery is DEAD again .... I noticed that it looks like the parking lights are still sort of lit .... and the rear brake lights are fluttering .... This may be why my Lola is developing the dead battery lately ...... Ray opened the doors through the trunk, and released the doors and then the hood ... he is putting the charger on again ..... but ..... has ANYONE had this problem before??? Help ASAP would be great .... thanks!

RA, I made some suggestions on your other post.

I have cured several of my old DOS computers that had quit working by simpling removing the internal battery, removing the microprocessor and cleaning any dust off the motherboard.
Then I replaced the microprocessor then a new battery. This procedure worked on 6 out of 7 of my DOS through Windows XP Home Edition computers.

Try it, it's worth a shot.

From what you are saying, it is making me wonder if there could be a problem with your brake light switch or (less likely) with the brake pedal itself? I do no profess to be a mechanic but this is from my past experience on some of our other vehicles of 'vintage' stature I have no idea how this is set up is on the XLR with all its modern electronic systems but on our old cars that was an issue....... don't remember which cars. One problem experienced was the actual switch and another had an issue with the brake pedal in its 'resting' position, it was coming in contact with the brake lighht switch. Either way it was activating the lights which causes an electrical drain. Good luck!

So, the battery is DEAD again .... I noticed that it looks like the parking lights are still sort of lit .... and the rear brake lights are fluttering .... This may be why my Lola is developing the dead battery lately ...... Ray opened the doors through the trunk, and released the doors and then the hood ... he is putting the charger on again ..... but ..... has ANYONE had this problem before??? Help ASAP would be great .... thanks!

Have you had any problems with your cruise control? If so that would point straight to the brake switch.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom