Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Power Top Hydraulic Fluid

moodman61461

My XLR/V(s)
2006 silver SLR
Question, I have read the threads on this forum. Last time I tried to put the top up heard some whining, had to go forward/go back a few times, finally got the top fully secured. Then checked the hydraulic fluid and it is below minimum level. I've had the car (2006 XLR base) for nearly two months (just turned over 50k miles), first time this happened. I have already ordered the recommended hydraulic fluid noted in the forums. So, should I just fill the container to max level and try to cycle the top, and then recheck the fluid level? I'm crossing fingers and toes that this might address the issue, but any pointers/thoughts from the experts here would be appreciated.

I would use a suction tool remove all the fluid in the resivoir and remove and clean it. Theres a little mesh filter you will see that can be ckeaned with a touth bruch or very soft toll. I just dip it in avlittle new fluid and brush it. Needs lots if rags as you will loose a little fluid. The carefully reinstall the resivoir and secure fill and hope that solves the problem. Fluid level shouul not drop so you nay have a leak. Look at the two cubbies in the rear and also the two main cylinders for signs of leakage

I would use a suction tool remove all the fluid in the resivoir and remove and clean it. Theres a little mesh filter you will see that can be ckeaned with a touth bruch or very soft toll. I just dip it in avlittle new fluid and brush it. Needs lots if rags as you will loose a little fluid. The carefully reinstall the resivoir and secure fill and hope that solves the problem. Fluid level shouul not drop so you nay have a leak. Look at the two cubbies in the rear and also the two main cylinders for signs of leakage
Thanks a bunch, appreciate it!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back