Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2017 Arthritis Foundation Car Show - July 13,14,15

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven, Ebony
Rob, please make this a sticky note

Last year we had a great gathering. We had trouble getting everyone in the same hotel because they were booked by March last year.
I have blocked 8 rooms at the Residence Inn-Dublin, 6364 Frantz Road. I would like to get a straw poll to gauge interest - please just reply here, yes-maybe (no need to say you aren't coming).

The rate is $135 per night. You must call the hotel and identify that you are the XLR-GROUP. 614-389-6600.

This is important for two reasons, to get the $135 rate and we must use 4 rooms.
The Cruise In is on Fri 14th and the Car Show is Saturday 15th. The rooms will be held until June 1, then they will be released. We have some new members in Ohio,WV and Michigan. I hope to see you there!
Pic from Last Year's get together.
3bc2997a19a5d5b32c31e48d7ba7ac08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tim Maybe checking wife's work schedule, July 10 is my birthday so may make a nice little trip!

If we get enough we are looking like a good possibility! Probably will need to drive out Thursday drive back Sunday!

Registered for this year's show!

Hey Tim,

I have requested my vacation time and registered both XLR's for this year's show. I hope we have a good turn out - its a great show.

I am good with staying at the Residence Inn in Dublin - but if I use my Rewards points, does that count toward your block of rooms? Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

I don't think I am bringing the CTX Wagon this year - but will bring both XLR's. Jared will need to stay home and take care of the dogs this (and he is probably working most of the summer).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Love the Friday Cruize In and the show.

Let me know if you plan on doing shirts again - they are awesome shirts. :)

Dave, I'm supposed to be getting a link so folks can reserve on line. I find out about points, because we do want you to use the blocked rooms. I'll post something later today
Tim

Dave, I'm supposed to be getting a link so folks can reserve on line. I find out about points, because we do want you to use the blocked rooms. I'll post something later today
Tim

Tim,

I will call the hotel - my Marriott app is not bringing up the hotel, when I am using points. (could be blocked because of the show). I will see if we can get a big enough room for the three of us. Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the work you put into making all of us feel like a real vacation! :)

Dave

If someone would post information for show it would be nice. We are always looking for new places to go and might show up if we could find out more about the happening. We travel in Bluebird motor home and trailer so we would not need a room but would need to find a place to park and stay for a few days, we are 68 feet long so it does take some planning. Thanks Mark

This is a very nice car show. 1100 cars last year with everything from 1915 electric cars to '70 muscle cars and of course our XLRs. I have pasted a link to the registration page. There is also information on activities for the two days of the Car Show. The Cadillac Roasters are listed as class 28 with 3 sub-classes (Allante's, XLRs and XLR-Vs)

2017 Auto Show Registration

As we get closer and if you will be spending some time in the area, PM me and I can give you some sightseeing ideas.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes!

We had a marvelous time last year and can't wait for this one!

It now looks like Wendy has rescheduled her vacation time and we will probably be able to roll in on Wednesday afternoon/evening. If everything goes as planned.... Besides my celebrating my 60th Birthday which is July 10 I'm also going to be celebrating retirement as of June 30th....party time!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, will see how our schedule works out would like to check out the area. Mark

0709161125.jpg
Here's another shot from last year. A bevy of beauties!

2017 Arthritis Show - Hotel Information

This is a very nice car show. 1100 cars last year with everything from 1915 electric cars to '70 muscle cars and of course our XLRs. I have pasted a link to the registration page. There is also information on activities for the two days of the Car Show. The Cadillac Roasters are listed as class 28 with 3 sub-classes (Allante's, XLRs and XLR-Vs)

2017 Auto Show Registration

As we get closer and if you will be spending some time in the area, PM me and I can give you some sightseeing ideas.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry this has taken so long, took some time to get info from the hotel manager. To make hotel reservations, you can call the hotel directly at 614-389-6600. Tell them you are with the "XLR-GROUP" to get the $135 rate.

or you can go click on the link to their web-reservation page and make the reservation, most importantly you will get the $135 rate.

Group Corporate Travel Booking Page

I quoted myself above as there is a link to the registration page. You will need to register your car for one or both days, depending on when if you are attending one or both. Browse through their website, there is much information about the activities. When registering, please use the class of car as #28, and designate a sub-class - Allante, XLR or XLR-V. Weather is improving here in Ohio, had the top down yesterday. Please PM once you sign up so I can keep track of those attending.

Tim
:burnout:

Done and done...

Hi all! Happy to say that the BlueGma is registered for the AF car show and we have made reservations at the Residence Inn. Yeah! Looking forward to seeing everybody! Thanks Tim! So grateful for all you have done!! :worship:

Hotel Reservations Made - no more rooms left?

I tried making reservations through the link and also calling the reservations line ... they were not able to give me the special XLR rate ... BUT, but calling my Rewards reservations line - I was able to get into the hotel (Residence Inn) and use my points too. We will be arriving on Thursday, July 13th. - bringing both XLR's.

Looking forward to seeing all our friends. :cool:

Dave,
I just talked to the Hotel yesterday about the link not working. After I talked to them about noon yesterday, Blue Grandma was able to book thru the site. If you booked after noon yesterday, let me know. I thought we had this fixed.
Tim

Dave and Tim,
I actually called the hotel reservation line today, (after Tim let me know it was fixed). The online site still said there were no rooms available... Sorry I meant to mention that in my post.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Third time's a charm. Manager said it works now.
Group Corporate Travel Booking Page

so far we only have these participants:
- Nils & Elise
- Chicago Dave (Cindy)
- Grandaddy & Wendy
- Tim & Beth

if you do sign up, please PM me so I can keep track of those that are coming. Helps when making dinner reservations. you can always call the front desk and tell them you are with The XLR-Group and receive the $135 rate. So far only 1 of the 8 blocked rooms have been taken. Don't forget to register using the link below if you are coming. :thumbsup
Tim

Last edited:
Hey Tim we can't confirm a yes for sure at this point..... we maybe forced into a commitment that weekend [emoji45] SORRY

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back